Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Changes to CCR + Organizing Thoughts

     During class today, we went over the Creative Critical Reflection and I got a better understanding of how it should be. Seeing the examples in class was very helpful for reference on how to produce it all together. I enjoy the aspect of speaking to the camera and then cutting to different visuals. That might make it easier to edit. 

    I decided that I'm going to put a hold on creating the presentation and instead, I'm going to focus on finishing the script, and then I will create the presentation, since I have a couple different ideas and I'm not sure how I'll approach it yet. Oh, also, my internet is STILL out so I'm back at Panera Bread trying to finish this script. 

     The four compulsory questions are my main focus at the moment, so I've been thinking about how I will answer these questions within my CCR.

    For the first question about genre conventions, coming-of-age genres are mainly following the journey of someone who, by the of the movie, will have developed as a person. I think my film opening matches the conventions of this genre since the subsequent plot will show how the main character grew as a person. I do think one way that opening challenges the whole movie industry, is the representation of race. As the main character is Asian, this goes against how Hollywood mainly consists of white people.

    In the second question that talks about target audience and distribution, I'm going to emphasize that my film opening is geared towards teenagers and more specifically girls. For distribution, I would say that my film should be given exposure through film festivals, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.

    The third question is about developed production skills. I'll start by discussing my work with research and storyboarding. My approach to production was planned out well, and filming went pretty smoothly. I would say that editing was a difficult part since some of the shots didn't look as good as I had hoped or I had to shorten the opening through faster-paced editing, and these are some of the major changes I had to make.

    The fourth question talks about the different technology I used. The major software I used would be iMovie, Google Docs, Google Slides, Blogger, and the internet. Some hardware I used is a phone and tripod. I would say some obstacles would be adding text to iMovie, setting up the tripod, etc.

    Then for the ending, I learned a lot about editing and the software I have used. If given the chance, next time, I would maybe try to experiment with another editing software. Finally, a major thing I would try to improve is not procrastinating filming! 

Now that all my thoughts are put together, hopefully, this will make writing the script a lot easier. My next couple of blog posts will be the final ones, a bittersweet moment.

    


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR + Thank You

    The CCR is officially exported and done.      Presenting, my Creative Critical Reflection .     If that link doesn't work, use this ...