Saturday, April 2, 2022

Final Thoughts

    We finally made it to the end. After a long eight weeks of thinking, filming, editing, and planning, I have made it to the final stretch. As one of my final blog posts, I want to reflect on key moments and large changes that I had to make.

    A large change I had to make was the filming and editing of the film opening. Lots of the shots that I had planned were very challenging to film, so I had to improvise and set up new shots. As a result, this changed how I edited my film and how it looked different than I had originially envisioned.

    On top of editing, when I had put together all my clips and cropped all the shots, the final time was: 3 minutes and 10 seconds... yeah. This made me realize I had to make my shots tighter or cut our parts of the story. A good solution that I came up with, which I learned from editing the Music Marketing Project, was to make one scene have a bunch of cuts to not only shorten the video down, but also make the editing faster paced. This was a lifesaver for me and by doing this to mutliple scenes, I was able to get the video down to 2 minutes and 12 seconds. 

    One of the obstacles that I ran into was with the credits, iMovie has these texts that are included in the software, but they have transitions at the beginning and end of them that I was not a fan of and I couldn't get rid of. Because of this, I had to find another way to add credits the way I liked it. I had to create a Google Slides and make the background green, screenshot it, and then import it to iMovie, then set the image as a green screen. I talk more about this in my CCR, which even includes a screen recording of how I did it.

    I'll say that this process was a lot less stressful than I thought it would be, but having to make this CCR might make me stand corrected. However, despite that, these past eight weeks of creating this film opening went way better than I expected and I'm super happy with how it all turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR + Thank You

    The CCR is officially exported and done.      Presenting, my Creative Critical Reflection .     If that link doesn't work, use this ...