Friday, February 25, 2022

Music & Storyboarding

 Creating

    As I started my storyboard, I realized I needed to think of a song that matches the theme in order to figure out the vibe and pace of my film opening. This sparked my idea of having a song play on the "radio" of my car and then I'll pause or turn down the music, which shows that the sound is diegetic.

Music

    I looked through copyright free music and I wanted to pick a song that has a title that ties back to the title or the plot of my film, but the fitting titles would be too sad or slow for what I am looking for. With that in mind, I have decided to asking for licensing permission for yet another song. This song, "Till Forever Falls Apart" ironically fits with the idea of my film opening. The song is about being with someone no matter what happens, and the character in the opening had that person but lost them. 
Check out the music video below!

    I emailed the record company, Mom + Pop, asking for licensing permission. I put a screenshot of the email below, I'll keep you updated on a response. Speaking of responses, I did not get a response from Sony Music Productions regarding "The Adults are Talking" by the Strokes, but I don't think I need that song anymore, so all's well that ends well.

    Another music dilemma, is where I should start the new soundtrack for the second part of the film, what genre of music should I use. Initially, before I even came up with my film opening, I wanted to use classical music, but I don't think that would fit the aesthetic anymore. I need to decide whether or not the character will be happy, sad, or mad about having to move on from this person, because that will dictate what music I choose.

Storyboard

    I got good progress done on my storyboard today. I finished a page and a half. I think it is coming together very well. I need to consider where I'll put in all the credits. I also want to think about how detailed the transition from being in a car to being in my bedroom will be. For example, am I going to show shoes being taken off? Will I show me going up the stairs? It may be boring, but it should also be realistic and fluid. Pictures of my current storyboard are posted below. I'll keep you updated on the final storyboard product within the next two blog posts I post. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR + Thank You

    The CCR is officially exported and done.      Presenting, my Creative Critical Reflection .     If that link doesn't work, use this ...