Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Fonts

     I briefly talked about fonts in a previous blog post, but now I'm going to talk about in more in-depth because I have the idea thought of and this should go by smoother. Down below are the top fonts that I chose after looking and testing through many, many different options.

    I wanted to pick a font that wouldn't be too classic but can also have a childish essence to it because of the coming-of-age genre I am going with. Considering that, I decided to take off the first font from the photo above, and now it is down to those bottom three.

Yellowtail, Gochi Hand, Permanent Marker


    To really decide which font I'm going with, I have to think about the context in which it will be put in. The plan is to put the title name when the character closes the car door after finding the photo of her and the friend, which means this comes after a period of remembering and nostalgia. 

    The first font, Yellowtail, seems classier and can represent growing or aging, which is exactly what this character is going through as the film opening progresses.
    The second font, Gochi Hand, is more childish and this is can show off how the character was, or felt, before their "coming-of-age."
    Finally, the third font, Permanent Marker, I really like the font because of how bold it is, and it almost feels like Gochi Hand, just a little more rigid and stood-out.

Final Font Decision

    I am going to go with is Yellowtail. Overall, the deciding factor was professionalism and versatility. As I have to keep these fonts consistent through the credits, Yellowtail would be best font to increase the production style in an easy and simple way. 
    

        


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR + Thank You

    The CCR is officially exported and done.      Presenting, my Creative Critical Reflection .     If that link doesn't work, use this ...