Monday, March 28, 2022

Editing DONE

    Yesterday, I got home from a vacation and finished adding credits to my film opening. This means, that my film opening is done! Of course, I may make minuscule changes as I rewatch it another fifty times, but the overall is finished. 

Adding Credits

    Adding credits to my opening was a lot harder than I expected it to be. I guess I kinda did that to myself because I wanted to tit be a very specific way. Basically, I could have easily used iMovie's text feature, but each title had this really cheesy fade (or other transition) at the beginning and end of the text, which I did not like because it just makes it seem less professional. I tried to find a way to get rid of the transition but I could not find a successful solution, so I found another way to add text. 
    Well, this Youtube video gave me another way to add text. Shoutout to the creator of that tutorial because I would've been stuck for a long time. Although it was slightly annoying, what I had to do was make a Google Slides and write the credits and then make the background green, and then make it a green screen image on iMovie. This had some annoying quirks to it. For example, having to arrange the text in a specific spot so that it would fit in the right place on the actual opening. I also found that saving the slide as a PNG makes the quality slightly poorer than just taking a screenshot of the slide itself, so I had to take a lot of screenshots. Making the credits took a lot of trial and error, but we made it.


Production Name

    I named the production company "Hugo Productions" and you might be wondering where "Hugo Productions" came from, it simply comes from my favorite book "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo" by Taylor Jenkins Reid. It's an amazing book, I recommend it to everyone! The name was so fitting, I got paranoid that the name already exists, but a quick Google search proves that the name is authentic. 

What's Next?

    The final piece of the project would be the CCR. I am a little scared for this part because this seems like a bigger job to edit than the film opening. I'm creating a document to attach all my thoughts. I really want to try to use examples from real films like I saw in an example CCR, but we will cross that bridge when we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR + Thank You

    The CCR is officially exported and done.      Presenting, my Creative Critical Reflection .     If that link doesn't work, use this ...