Friday, February 11, 2022

Starting Line

Preface

    It doesn't feel real that we are already starting the portfolio project for this AICE exam. I remember before I picked AICE Media Studies, I looked up the syllabus for the class and saw an exam component was this project. Hard to believe that the time has actually come and I have learned the necessary skills for this project in just five months.

My Plans

    From the previous projects, my class has done, such as the Music Marketing Project, One-Word Story Project (my favorite), and Sound Project, I have already learned so many skills that I can put to use for this portfolio. As someone, with no previous experience or skill in the production field, I believe that I have already gained so much appreciation for the complexities of production and all the bits and pieces that go into it.

    For my film opening, I want to take a simple approach that wouldn't be too confusing in production or post-production. I learned from my Music Marketing Project, it becomes difficult to stick to an original idea when that idea may not be realistic. A point that was emphasized during the lessons in class was to "stick to what you know." This is a very broad yet narrow range because I know lots of things, but can those things resonate with an interesting and engaging film opening? I've watched past film openings and the ones that stood out to me were 'Barely Legal' and 'Untitled,' because of their simplicity yet they do a good job of setting a story. From these inspirations, I think I will have the best luck coming up with an idea involving the drama genre or something of the sort.

My Approach

    The first and foremost thing, is I CAN NOT fall behind, especially with blog posting. This means I have to have strong self-discipline. I am going to be utilizing the project schedule that was so kindly provided for my class and I, hopefully, this will steer me on the right track. Throughout this week and next week, I will be vigilantly looking for any bursts of ideas in my everyday life that can constitute and be transformed into a creative film opening.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR + Thank You

    The CCR is officially exported and done.      Presenting, my Creative Critical Reflection .     If that link doesn't work, use this ...