Friday, February 4, 2022

Music Marketing Project Conclusion

The Ending

    As the Music Marketing Project comes to a close, it is always good to reflect and think about what could have been done better and what should be improved for any similar future projects.

Research

    The research portion was a clean process. My group members did what they were supposed to by picking a company and researching specific case studies. It was a very interesting aspect to see all the different ways our genre is marketed. Compiling all these together was ultimately very beneficial, especially for the media context essay we wrote in class.

Brainstorming/Planning

Our Schedule
    The planning for our presentation and music video was one of the most time-consuming parts. For one, there were days when one member of our group was absent so we had to catch them up or had to come up with ideas without another person's opinion. We created a schedule to figure out what the whole plan would be and tried to follow it as much as we could, and in the end, we got it finished. None of my group members were very familiar with the metal genre, so this also made it more difficult to think of a viable plan for our music video. Although we tried to think of ideas while we were doing research and creating our schedule, the best and most effective way for us to come up with an objective was by listening to the song individually and spitballing ideas that came to our heads then choosing the one that stuck. 


Production

    My group and I decided to meet at Town Center. Unfortunately, we decided to meet on one of the coldest nights of the year, but despite the low temperatures, production went fairly well. We filmed the parts of the storyboard we planned for, but there was an issue with the initial intro scene which would've been set in the bathroom. Due to this, we decided we would film in school, but then our main actor had an emergency and could not film. This made our main objective, which we drew on the storyboard, much more challenging to execute.

Post-Production

Editing Process
    Once I got home and reviewed the footage from our filming, I realized that we forgot a big part of the music video. This made my job of editing more difficult because now I couldn't edit the story in the way that it should've looked. I communicated with my group, which has been super important throughout this whole project, and they came up with the idea of what became the final music video. The editing process took me the weekend to do because there were many changes that I had to make in order to work with the footage we had. However, I loved seeing the progression of the multiple clips from my camera roll come together to create a music video.

Presentation

    Creating the presentation itself wasn't too much of a challenge, it was mainly thinking of what you would say and compiling all the information into your brain so you can be knowledgeable about your band/artist. My group's presentation went well. I definitely think I could have done better, and said more examples of case studies. I was proud of my group's presentation skills, especially those who said they did not enjoy presenting, and how we put together our brand.

Reflection

The Band Picture
    Overall, this project has not only taught me about the importance of marketing and how much thought truly goes into it. I also learned how important communication among group projects is, I am also glad that filming a music video turned out to be an easy way to break the ice with my group. This project will be very useful in developing my Cambridge Portfolio, because not only have we written blog posts for this, as we will for the portfolio, but I also gained a better understanding of how the production of filming works outside of school. Considering the many obstacles that we faced throughout the whole process, I am happy and proud of my group for what we created. I learned many lessons amidst the project that will be beneficial to a smoother process for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR + Thank You

    The CCR is officially exported and done.      Presenting, my Creative Critical Reflection .     If that link doesn't work, use this ...