Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Current Thoughts

 Getting the Ball Rolling

    I did something yesterday in class, I contacted Sony Music Productions and asked them for licensing permissions for The Adults are Talking by The Strokes. I don't really expect a response, but it doesn't hurt to try. Now, we wait.

Legally Blonde

    Going on the premise of a film opening about "moving on," I thought of the popular film, Legally Blonde. I also watched the film opening and it was a simple montage. It is attached below if you want to check it out!

    This film opening does a good job at presenting the credits in the beginning, without the content being too distracting or the credits themselves being unnoticeable. Initially, I thought to myself that I wanted little to no dialogue in my opening, mainly because I didn't want the audio to be an issue in my post-production. With that in mind, Legally Blonde's film opening has become a new great source of inspiration for me.

Bits and Pieces

    Here's my current dilemma, I know what I want to do, but I don't know how to put it together. I want to create something that demonstrates moving on from loss. I've had a revelation that this "loss" doesn't have to be of a person, it can be anything. This brings me to another variation of my idea: rejection. Once again, this can come in many different forms. Rejection from a crush, college decisions, or even being socially rejected in a group.

    By the end of this week, I will have my final idea for this film opening. I am going to promise myself that. If I'm really productive, I would have started my storyboard too. I'll keep you updated.


Citations

Oliveto, E. I. J. B. A. (2021, November 4). What Does ‘Coming of Age’ Mean in Movies, Books, and Life? | Cake Blog. JoinCake. https://www.joincake.com/blog/coming-of-age/

M. (2021, September 24). Coming-of-Age Movies: What Is the Coming-of-Age Genre? MasterClass. https://www.masterclass.com/articles/coming-of-age-movies#3-characteristics-of-comingofage-movies

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR + Thank You

    The CCR is officially exported and done.      Presenting, my Creative Critical Reflection .     If that link doesn't work, use this ...